We are privately owned learning centres, within Taranaki at Hawera, Stratford and New Plymouth, owned by CEO Cheree Menzies. We promote a philosophy of self-management enabled through quality staff, quality systems and a passion for learning.
We provide comfortable and friendly learning environments to assist learners to gain foundation skills necessary for today’s workplace. In addition to foundation skills, Feats offers entry-level industry qualifications preparing learners for their chosen career path.
All Feats programmes have embedded literacy and numeracy training to improve provision for our learners.
External Evaluation & Review of Feats
In the 2015 NZQA report
Our EER report 2015 attests to our strengths: The report states: NZQA is confident in our educational performance – “Feats understands and is committed to meeting the needs of foundation learners”; NZQA is confident in our capability in self-assessment -“Feats self-assessment is authentic and ongoing”; NZQA believes Feats learners are good in their achievement; They believe that our outcomes for our stakeholders [including learners] are excellent; That our programmes and activities match the needs of learners and other stakeholders with an excellent rating; We guide our learners and support them – excellent; and our governance and management are good at supporting educational achievement.
Mission Statement – Pae Tawhiti
“Seek Distant Horizons” by assisting our local community through up skilling learners to better meet the needs of employers as well as to prepare the learners for higher level training. This is adapted from our given Maori name Pae Tawhiti meaning, “seek ye distant horizons and hold to them steadfastly”.
- Provide a supportive, dynamic team
- To assist our learners to discover their potential
- A history of proven success
- Successful training leading to positive outcomes
- To encourage life long learning in a friendly, fun environment
- Promoting the enjoyment of learning and self development
Owner/CEO – Cheree Menzies
Ph: 021 347 487
- Dawn Headey (Sole Parent Employment Service Taranaki)
- Hannah Nettikaden (Instensive Literacy & Numeracy New Plymouth)
- Helen Cook (Work on Work Hawera)
- Jackie Watene (NCEA Māori and Pasifika Rugby Academy Stratford)
- Jane Van Daatselaar (NCEA New Plymouth)
- Maria Lempriere (Work on Work, New Plymouth)
- Narelle Gibson (Instensive Literacy & Numeracy, Stratford)
- Rosanne Oakes (NCEA Hawera)
- Vanessa Griessel (NCEA Stratford)